Friday 14 September 2007

Patchwork Throw



I found some fabric I had stored away in my wardrobe. It is perfect for my current needs. I have decided to start making a patchwork throw for our couch. It will be handmade i.e no sewing machine (but of course I might change my mind!). I was going to do octagons as I have an octagon template but decided it was too hard so it is nice easy squares for me.


I have posted photos of the very beginning and hopefully you will be able to see the progress week by week. This was a few days ago and already I am a little further on.


My mum has given me some lovely remnants that she bought from Allders (when they existed). They are going to be made into something sumptuous.


Also I went to a shop that sells curtain material and bought lots of remnants for a very good price.



So I have a very nice stash of fabric but I still want to buy some fat squares from Etsy. Lovely Japanese material.

No comments: