Wednesday 28 September 2011

New Handmade Buttons

Here I am. Feeling much happier. Cold still here but I shall not let it defeat me - no sir.

I had quite a good evening last night.  Mr has bought himself a box set of The Planet of the Apes, and I sat with him and watched number 4. Whilst doing so, I was trying out some new techniques. New to me but well -know to the ancients. Or the people who lived a hundred years ago. I have been trying out some different handmade buttons - singletons and shirtwaist.

I also had a look through my thread box and found some sparkly pink stuff  so I thought that would make nice hair clips. I have made them before but I think in a different size. So one made and another to do to make it a matching pair.  


Yesterday morning I made a spider button for Halloween. You can see it in the photo above. 
The fabric covered button is the Singleton.

I used a gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabric. I enjoyed making this and will try a smaller button size.

The shirtwaist button was made the evening before, and I am rather pleased with it. It uses a ring, like the dorset buttons, but this time the wrapping round is done first and then the buttonhole stitches round the ring to fill up the gaps.
The sun has not reached my desk yet, so the lighting is a bit bad.  

I have some hair clips in blond so will be making button hair clips using these too. 

So rather a good end to the day, following a bad start. 

And here's to another productive day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to post my comment again- really rubbish internet today...

Anyway I said it's really nice to see buttons I've not seen or heard of before and I bet it's a welcome break from the Dorset buttons for you. I've just started playing with resin again as a little break from the chocolate and it is so refreshing!

Unknown said...

they are all lovely and great colour choices too!

noodleBubble said...

VERY nice - I can resist anything unless Buttons are involved. They look fab as hair slides!

X

Glass Jar Gifts said...

Fabulous range. Beautiful.