Wednesday 13 March 2013

Perfect for the Cold Weather - and this pattern could be yours!

Brrr..it is jolly cold out there.   So what more could you want to keep out the chills than this super ...thing.



Also called 'scooter style' this ..whatsit will keep you warm as you walk, cycle, run or scooter out and about.

And for you lucky people, I am giving away this pattern. How lucky can you get!

It is a vintage 1960s pattern. You can make 3 different sizes of ..headwear - 3/6 years, 7/10 years and adult.  So your children can wear one too!   It is knitted in double-knit.

To win this pattern (which is the original not a copy) then leave a comment. Any comment will do (except you naughty spammers), but for fun you could tell me what colour/s you would make it in.  Closing date is midnight GMT Sunday 17th March 2013.

Thank you and good luck!

UPDATE MONDAY 18 MARCH - COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

4 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

it looks to me like it deserves to be REALLY REALLY bright, so I'd use neon pink. Strangely, I have more than one ball of neon pink in my stash, I know not why...

Unknown said...

I would make it in all black.... To contrast with my kinda blonde hair :)

TCN said...

LOL I have some very similar vintage knitting patterns in my stash too. They might come in handy one day, you never know!

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

I would make it in lots of different colours. My favourite colour at the moment is green so I would make one in a nice spring green. I have got a mega stash of yarn, and would probably select a non-itchy acrylic yarn for this hat, so that might well be in some of my many different shades of grey. I would probably experiment with stripes and various different colour combinations. And I would go wth classics like beige, red, black, to match any outfit :-)