Wednesday 14 September 2011

Button Wednesday - Work in Progress - A Pink Heart

In my last post I showed you some buttons I was making. They are for this project. A little framed heart picture.

Here I am thinking about which buttons to use.

I have lost my special pen which has disappearing ink, so had to do a tracing of the frame and actually this works really well.At this stage I decided to only use my handmade Dorset buttons.


I still haven't finished.  However, I have sewn on all the buttons. Now I am making the little french knots.


So still a way to go. When it is finished I will show you.  It has been great fun playing around with the stitches and the colours.

7 comments:

Helen Smith said...

That's lovely Alix - it works really well with your own buttons.

Amy, the Greedy Crocodile said...

That is really lovely. I like the shades :-)

Caroline said...

This is so pretty!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

That is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final result.

blueredie said...

Really nice. I love how you show the different stages of your work.

Pink Feather Paradise said...

beautiful... love those buttons... xx

Bigbluebed said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!